When my brother reported slight deterioration in his eyesight my mother assured him she had the remedy. “Eat a lot of parsley. Grow it, wash it, chop it, and add to any food (raw). I eat it a lot and my eyesight is fine – no glasses even for fine newsprint.”
Aunty Google tells me ‘Parsley is great for your eyes and is used as a natural medicine to heal various conditions while improving your vision’, so Mother was right. I even found a recipe for improving your vision (thanks to themindunleashed.com)
- Take a bunch of parsley, chop it up into smaller pieces and then mix it with your favorite yoghurt.
- Eat the mixture throughout the day.
- Do this once a day for a month.
- On day 30, make the same mixture but add in fresh tips of nettle.
- Continue this new mixture of parsley, nettle, and yoghurt for 30 more days.
- After two months, your vision will feel much more clear. Some even report that their vision improved by two diopters.
Today would be my Mother’s 105th birthday, and she is in my thoughts. Recently I’ve been reading (and discarding) some old letters, and enjoyed this snippet of Mother’s wisdom from 1988.
“My Mother was exceeding wise
raw parsley can improve your eyes.”