The largest flowers in our garden are these oriental lilies. We have just two plants and they each have two flowers. Right now they’re in full bloom, and the amazing scent assails you as you walk past.
Apparently lilies are toxic to cats, and one of the symptoms of such poisoning is lethargy. As Bentley is lethargic most of the time, how would I know if he’d been eating lilies? Vomiting is another sign. He hasn’t been vomiting and I’ve not seen him near the lilies. These ones have been in our garden for fourteen years, and no cat has yet suffered from them, so I’m not planning to pull them out, but I will be watchful.
“They flower for just a few short days
and their potential threat dismays.”